Thursday, June 28, 2012

Elder Iopu

Oh my gosh! So I totally forgot to post about this.  So, last year when I got baptized, one of the missionaries that taught me was from Samoa...Elder Iopu..I had posted about him already in one of my other posts...but I got to see him again! He was actually the one that baptized me and he got transferred right after I got baptized.  He is a really sweet guy and is so great! He went home last Wednesday and I got to go see him before he left.

He called me a few weeks ago while I was at the movies and he left me a voicemail and I was so surprised to hear from him! He wanted me to come to his last testimony meeting.  So, I went to this meeting and it was fantastic! It was a testimony meeting for the district he was in and they were all going home.  There were 14 missionaries, all men except one sister missionary couple, and then the mission president also spoke because he was leaving as well.  Elder Iopu was so cute and he shared such a great experience about his time here in Utah.  He really is such a great guy and I wish him the best.  We got to chat for a little bit after the meeting was over and then we had to sadly say goodbye.  It was funny because I was getting his contact info so we could stay in touch, and this other lady that got baptized by him came up to us and then started asking me if I was single and when I said I was, she said "Perfect! You guys (Elder Iopu and I) can get married now!" I chuckled and poor Elder Iopu just blushed.  It was hilarious!

I will miss him very much and hopefully one day I get to see him.  It would be so cool to go to Samoa and just swim in the ocean and enjoy the island.  I feel like it is just a little paradise.  Here is a pic from when I saw him!



No comments:

Post a Comment