Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer is here!

Summer is here!! I am so happy I can't even contain myself.  Seriously.  I. Love. Summer.  Except for the fact that it is so hot my face melts when I leave any air conditioned building.  Buuut...I have already had so much fun! So last week, it was my roommate Tawna's birthday and we celebrated for a full 2 weeks.  Yes, 2 weeks.  Since it is summer there are so many fun things to do and we couldn't pass it up!
So our friends Emily and Kate from our ward are from Wyoming (as is Tawna) and they are going out there for a month or so, so they had to have dinner for Tawna before they left.  We had so much fun with them! They are super open with us about so much and we have gotten really close with them.  We went to this place called The Pizza Pie Cafe in Provo and it was great! They have gluten free pizza which is so great and it actually tastes really good.  If anyone is out in the area, you should go there.  Then we went to their house for cake and we took some fun "Akward Family Photos".  I don't have a copy of them but when I do I will have to put them online so you can see them because they are hilarious!

I got to cross off an item from my bucket list!!! Two of them actually!! I hadn't posted this one yet, but I went to the rodeo and that same day we had gone to Deer Creek Reservoir and I was able to cross off swimming in a lake! It was so fun! I got a little burnt but it was worth it.  We got to ride on jet skis and just have a good time enjoying the lake.  I put a few pics up of those down below.

We are going to California next weekend and I will be able to cross off a few of my bucket list items there as well hopefully.

Cheers to the summer!!

Tawna with her first present!
This is a...toilet paper holder you can record message on!

She got a great book as well...

The present Mikayla and I got her

Doesn't even know what she is in for...

She loved it!!!

We got her as you can see, the entire seasons of Friends!

We didn't have a cake for her this time because we had gone to dinner and dessert..but the marshmallow sure worked!

Sorry for breaking your ears...but Tawna had a "kitty litter" cake from Emily and Kate

Deer Creek Reservoir


Me, Emily and Jillian

Janice and Sam cooking the food

The whole group

Strawberry Days Rodeo in Pleasant Grove

Mikayla, Tawna, Me, Sam
Isn't Sam lucky? haha always surrounded by us girls!

Mikayla and Tawna

Great roommates!

Sam and I

I love the summer.  I am so excited for our trip and I will update you on when I come back from California in a few weeks.  Hopefully before! 


No comments:

Post a Comment